Under the general supervision of the Nursing and Clinical Support Services Director (NCSSD), Practice/ Program Manager or designee, the Charge Nurse with Supervision (CNS) is responsible for coordinating and supervising assigned nursing personnel and work units and is required to perform routine/standardized duties to the discharge of competent nursing staff management. The CNS is responsible for coordinating the assigned nursing staff according to the philosophy, objectives and policies/procedures of New Horizon Family Health Services, Inc. (NHFHS). The CNS responsibilities also include assigned daily duties of direct practitioner support and clinical patient care.
This position works with the Ryan White Program.
Patient Assessment and Care Team Support
- 1. Collects and documents demographic data and history from patient, family and others.
- 2. Identifies gross manifestations of common diseases and abnormal conditions.
- 3. Identifies gross states of faulty emotional and mental health adjustments.
- 4. Obtains and documents vital signs and immediately reports abnormal / emergent results to the practitioner.
- 5. Supports practitioners in the delivery of medical care, productivity and patient flow management.
- 6. As a member of the Care Team, the supervising charge nurse will consult with practitioners and other health care team members to coordinate the provision of patient education in conjunction with other services / care plan activities.
- 1. 25% of daily job duties involve supervision of assigned nursing staff.
- 2. Evaluates the assigned nursing staff and completes job performance reviews as required.
- 3. Collects information and prepares necessary reports and performance logs.
- 4. Works with Practice / Program Manager to maintain clinical staffing coverage.
- 5. Orders supplies and other resources as required for execution of nursing tasks.
- 6. Coaches, assists and develops assigned staff to promote competency and quality in the discharge of nursing duties.
- 1. Implements NHFHS nursing department policies and procedures.
- 2. Works continually to assure delivery of quality, safe, efficient and competent nursing care.
- 3. Assists in contributing input / information into the nursing personnel budget.
- 4. Contributes suggestions, ideas and information and works with the DON/CSS to refine nursing policies and procedures.
- 5. Participates in CQI, other internal committees and special activities that promote improvement of patient flow in the clinical area.
- 1. Maintains good public (working) relations throughout the community
- 2. Assists, as assigned, with special projects involving community partners and the nursing staff
- Must hold all patient Protected Health Information (PHI) other patient personal information and agency information in confidence