Experience and Skills:
Current licensure in South Carolina as a Licensed Independent Social Worker-Clinical Practice (LISW-CP) or LMSW.
A Master’s Degree in Social Work from a program accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting body for social work programs.
Minimum: Two years post-masters experience.
Counseling experience related to assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders.
Preferred: Prior experience in an ambulatory medical setting, experience in time-limited psychotherapy, experience or training in integrative care models of care.
- Ability to perform a thorough psychosocial evaluation using all available information to arrive at a good working diagnosis and differential diagnosis.
- Ability to present and discuss patients succinctly.
- Ability in or willingness to learn time-limited psychotherapy.
- Initiative and stamina to work independently as well as with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in written and oral form in English.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of communication resources and referral procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective networking relationships with community agencies.
- Working knowledge of federal/state/local laws and regulations regarding eligibility for services.